Happy Valentine's Day! Along with the special Valentine's Day events in Toronto on tonight and into the weekend, here are some of the other things going on over the next few days:
- The other big deal this weekend is Family Day on Monday which - not surprisingly - will see plenty of family-themed events on all weekend long across the city. If you're looking for something to do with kids or teens, check the big Family Day event listing for all kinds of options.
- TIFF Next Wave, "a film festival for young movie lovers", is on at the TIFF Bell Lightbox from Friday to Sunday. Aimed at ages 14-18, the festival offers film screenings, workshops, speakers, and a 24-Hour Film Challenge. Some screenings are free for high school students!
- The roots and blues music festival Winterfolk is on from Thursday to Sunday at the Delta Chelsea Hotel on Gerrard.
- The Canadian International Auto Show is on at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre beginning on Friday and continuing until February 24.
- And the Spring Fishing and Boat Show is on the International Centre in Mississauga from Friday to Monday.
- The Toronto Rock have a home game on Friday at the Air Canada Centre where they'll take on Calgary's National Lacrosse League team, The Roughnecks (Learn more about the Toronto Rock).
- The Marlies are also home this weekend, with games at the Ricoh Coliseum on Saturday and Monday.
- The February show from the Model Railroad Club of Toronto continues on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This weekend marks the club's last show in their current Liberty Village location.
- The Sears Great Canadian Chill brings the idea of the New Year's Day Polar Bear Dip to Yonge-Dundas Square for the Family Day Weekend. On Sunday and Monday you can just go and hang out at the party, or you can register to participate in the dip and support the Sears Canada Charitable Foundation's efforts to "Stop Kids Cancer Cold".
- And the calendar of User-submitted events for February includes a Valentine's Day concert from the Toronto Concert Orchestra and "Make Time for Love: A Fashionable Love Affair" from the Party Smart Association, both on tonight (Thursday the 14th). Also, Black History Month film screenings continue at TIFF, the new play 3 Desis and a Diva opens at The Winchester, and the Superstars of Comedy return to Comedy Bar on Saturday. There's a Valentine Mentorship Dinner for girls on Saturday night, and free cupcake decorating for families at St. Simon the Apostle Anglican Church on Bloor Street on Monday. Check the calendar listings for details.
If you're an event planner hosting something this weekend, feel free to tell us about it in the comments section below. For later events, learn how to submit an event listing to About.com: Toronto.