Groundhog Day is on Saturday.
Photo © Marilyn Campbell
- Groundhog Day is on Saturday and you can celebrate at home, at the Kortright Centre for Conservation, at a Groundhog Day marathon in Mississauga, or (if you're up for a little travel) at the annual Groundhog Day festival in Wiarton, Ontario!
- Harbourfront Centre celebrates Black History Month with the Kuumba Festival, which is on from Friday to Sunday.
- Other Black History Month events are getting started at various locations around the city.
- On Saturday, The Toronto Tea Festival is on in the Appel Salon at the Toronto Reference Library.
- Saturday is World Wetlands Day at the Toronto Zoo.
- While at the Royal Ontario Museum, Saturday is Chinese Cultural Heritage Day.
- There are a number of family-oriented winter festivals on this weekend just outside the city. These include:
- Winterlicious continues until February 7 and you can either make reservations or take in one of the culinary events.
- On Friday the Megan's Walk Dinner and Dance Gala at the Atlantis Pavilion serves as both a fundraiser and the kick-off for the annual Megan's Walk event which takes place on Mother's Day weekend.
- Beginning this weekend, The Model Railroad Club of Toronto is offering three weekends of public shows in February.
- On Sunday the Mosaic Storytelling Festival offers the second of five Sundays of "tales from around the world" at St. David's Anglican Church.
- On Saturday, Totsapalooza: A Day With Oliver Jeffers, Don Kerr & Kevin Sylvester, will be this year's installment of Small Print Toronto's "annual festival of DIY kids culture" but the event is already SOLD OUT. Still, if this sounds like something you might like and you're not already familiar with Small Print's events and other programming, it's worth paying a visit to SmallPrintToronto.org.
- And from the calendar of User-submitted events for February:
- On Saturday there's a Toronto Mendelssohn Choir choral workshop "for everyone who loves to sing, no matter the level".
- On Saturday evening, the women of the Toronto Roller Derby take on the Killamazoo Derby Darlins in a double-header at Downsview Park.
- The Winterlicious culinary events on this weekend include the Guilty Pleasures shopping and dining event on Saturday and Winter Grilling on Sunday.
- And it may be too late to register for the Icewave GTA/Toronto 2013 17th Anniversary Indoor Beach Volleyball Event for SickKids taking place this Saturday, but it's not too late to show your support!
If you're an event planner hosting something this weekend, feel free to tell us about it in the comments section below. For later events, learn how to submit an event listing to About.com: Toronto.