During the first weekend of January in Toronto, many holiday-themed events continue, plus you can catch the best of Canadian film for the past year, get ideas for your wedding, hunt for ghosts, browse for a motorcycle, and more...
- You know that scene in A Christmas Carol when Ebenezer is shown all the fun he once had at Fezziwig's party? Ever wish you could go to that party*? The Twelfth Night Dance Party planned for Saturday night at Montgomery's Inn has already sold out, so now organizers have added a Sunday event as well. So get your English Country Dancing shoes on and learn how to bust ye olde moves. [*Just to be clear, the organizers make no mention of an actual Dickens theme, nor do they make any promise of time travel to a fictional event.]
- There's also still some other holiday-themed special events at other City of Toronto Museums, including "Christmas in the Park" activities at Colborne Lodge, Hogmanay Family Fun at Gibson House, "A Victorian Christmas" at Mackenzie House, "A Roaring 1920s Christmas" at Spadina Museum, and "Regency Christmas in the Valley" at Todmorden Mills, all of which continue until Sunday.
- The Christmas Flower Shows at both the Allan Gardens Conservatory and the Centennial Park Conservatory continue until Monday.
- A few of Toronto's Family Holiday Shows still have performances this weekend, including the Ross Petty pantomime version of Snow White, Puppetmongers' show Cinderella in Muddy York, and The Nutcracker from the National Ballet of Canada, all of which close on Saturday. The Alice in Blunderland Panto Players Co-op show The Shoemaker and the Pant-o-mimes continues until Sunday at Red Sandcastle Theatre.
- At the Royal Ontario Museum, "ROM for the Holidays" programming continues until January 6, as does the Ontario Science Centre's "Holiday Fun at the Science Centre".
- There's some Friday night Ghost Tracking going on at Casa Loma.
- As was previously mentioned here on the blog, both the Next Stage Theatre Festival and the Canada's Top Ten series of film screenings are on now and continue until January 15th.
- DJ Skate Nights continue at Harbourfront Centre's Natrel rink on Saturday nights.
- The Toronto Marlies have a home game at Ricoh Coliseum Saturday afternoon against the Rockford IceHogs, and the Raptors are at the Air Canada Centre on both Friday and Sunday.
- Canada's Bridal Show is on from Friday to Sunday at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- The North American International Motorcycle Supershow is on from Friday to Sunday at the International Centre in Mississauga.
If you're an event planner hosting something this weekend, feel free to tell us about it in the comments section below. For later events, learn how to submit an event listing to About.com: Toronto.