Lowe's Christmas Market lights up the Distillery District.
Photo © Marilyn Campbell
- The Toronto Motorcycle Show is on at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from Friday to Sunday.
- December 10th is International Human Rights Day and Amnesty International's Toronto Office is having a "Write for Rights" event at the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI) Annex on Saturday.
- Lowe's Toronto Christmas Market continues at the Distillery District. On Saturday at 5pm, the Mill Street World Caroling Challenge aims to get a world record number of carollers singing in one place. Mill Street Brewery will donate $1 to the Daily Bread Food Bank for each person that participates.
- Winterfest on Toronto's Waterfront also continues this weekend.
- Another installment of toronto animeCON is on at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Sunday.
- Winter Programming at Harbourfront Centre continues with a Holiday Market, skating, free holiday film screenings, and more.
- Seasonal programming continues at Black Creek Pioneer Village, including the first evening of Christmas by Lamplight on Saturday and a Christmas Dinner on Sunday.
- "Mozart's Magic Castle" continues at Casa Loma, plus "Elves in the Workshop" and "Breakfast with Santa" sessions (which are selling out fast!). For adults, there are Archery Workshops on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Many seasonal events are on at the City of Toronto's Historic Museums, including the new Fort York Frost Fair on Saturday and Sunday.
- Among the many Christmas Craft Shows on this weekend is the new-this-year Nacho Mama's Craft Show on Saturday at Sneaky Dee's. There's also City of Craft and more of the Artisans Gift Fair, the Barns Holiday Art Market, and the Wandering Winter Craft Show.
- At Ricoh Coliseum this weekend, the Toronto Marlies take on the Rochester Americans on Saturday and the Abbotsford Heat on Sunday (on Sunday, bring a new or gently used stuffed animal to donate for the annual Teddy Bear Toss).
- On Sunday afternoon the Toronto Symphony Orchestra is holding a special holiday concert/film screening for kids ages 5-12 of The Snowman.
- Also on Sunday afternoon, The Gratitude Tea is on at The Badminton & Racquet Club of Toronto.
- Tasty Tours is having a Holiday Sweets Tour on Sunday.
- This is the final weekend for the special exhibition "The Twelve Trees of Christmas" at the Gardiner Museum.
- And from the calendar of User-submitted events for December:
- TONIGHT (Thursday December 6) Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation presents a Christmas celebration and benefit concert, Venite Adoremus 2012, featuring The Priests.
- The photo exhibition "Lenses of Freedom" begins at the Beit Zatoun gallery on Friday.
- There's a "Music for Meditation" event on Saturday at the Multi-Faith Centre at the University of Toronto.
- Also on Saturday is a "Seminar in Tai Shan Mantis a.k.a. Nine Palms Moving Meditation" at Dovercourt House.
If you're an event planner hosting something this weekend, feel free to tell us about it in the comments section below. For later events, learn how to submit an event listing to About.com: Toronto.